Tuesday, August 22, 2017

University Drop-off



Part of my heart now lives 99 miles away.  It might as well be 9900 miles as my son has no use for me at the moment.  The last almost two years he has chosen to walk a different path, one that will lead to destruction if he is not saved by the grace of Jesus.  My inability to reach him has been one of the most difficult and sad times of my life.  And now he is away and there is nothing to do but pray for a miracle.

Leaving your child at university is a hard enough adjustment to make on top of this stressed relationship.  I feel as if I have failed at times and then I receive encouragement from others around me who know the details.  I am thankful for these precious ones the Lord has sent as a healing balm to me.

So far my son is making good on his promise not to talk to me.  Thankfully he will talk to his father and grandparents.  I am alone in my exile! (No, not alone.)  I would so love to hear how things are going and how he is adjusting to having a roommate.  I have sent him a care package filled with things he likes hoping he will be comforted far from his family who loves him.  (Isn't Pinterest just filled with fun ideas for care packages?)

This season of a mother's heart is a complex time for me.  Yet I know that I am going to be OK.  I am reminded that I am blessed to have two Christ loving children at home. I am grieving the loss of my firstborn, but I am not without hope as long as there is today, there is hope for his salvation.

3 comments:

  1. I will be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jenn. This brings tears to my eyes and a lump in my throat. I'm so sorry it has gotten to this point ((HUGS)), but you are right. God is Very Good and you (and I) can still do the very best thing -- pray! I know you have instilled God's Word to that young man throughout his life and it will not return void (Is. 55:11). I think of Franklin Graham, how he rebelled, yet God has done a marvelous work and he is now one of my favorite gospel leaders. God can do the same in Ryan. We all make mistakes and have regrets in hindsight -- nobody is perfect. I will continue to be in prayer. ~ Much LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying! And you know, there is One in heaven praying for you too! I know how hard it os for us as women an mom's. But God is still seeking the lost sheep

    ReplyDelete