Tuesday, March 20, 2018

My Happy Spring "This and That" Post

We are now in the season that I dearly love! Gone are the extremes of winter!!  Well, not totally gone. We are expecting a snow storm tonight and tomorrow.  But for all intents and purposes, the weather will moderate and life will improve a great deal because of it.

Last week, my dear college student was home.  We had a great time.  We got to see a couple movies as a family.  Mostly we just enjoyed being together.  This is a huge praise as things were not as friendly at the beginning of the school year.

While Ryan was home we celebrated his belated 20th birthday.  It was so odd not actually seeing him on his special day.  We did have birthday cookies delivered to him at the dorm, but it wasn't the same.  This is the hard side of letting go!  (It's all hard!!)

This coming Friday, the other two students are going to Quebec with their grandparents for 5 days.  They have their passports and are eager to see the sights.  I know they are going to have the best time.  Trevor will get to practice all the French he is learning.

My mouth continues to heal.  In two weeks I can have coffee again.  (Yay!)  I even survived the start of daylight savings time without coffee.  I was tempted to get an iced coffee that day but decided to be tough.  It is interesting how I used to think that I needed coffee to survive.  I am actually glad to know that I am not addicted to caffeine.

While the kids are away, my dear aunt is coming for a few days.  I am trying to think of something fun to do.  I know how to entertain children and teens, but not sure what an older woman would want to do.  Perhaps we will go to an antique mall or two.  I love those!

Tax season ends in 26 days!  Right now my dear husband is working ridiculous hours, but soon we will have him back.  I am so thankful that he has a good job and good health.

There are only 66 more calendar days until the end of our school year.  There is still plenty to do. Trevor is working on a term paper.  He also has more state-mandated testing in April.  Grace has that SAT to prepare for.

Both kids are going to the school's prom in April.   Trevor is on the prom committee.  Grace will be taking a good friend.  Our families will be having dinner out and then take the kids to the venue.  We have purchased a lovely dress for Grace and rented a tux for Trevor.  Fancy!

We celebrated the year anniversary of adopting our little Pippin the Cat.  He is such a joy and big part of our family.  I cannot imagine life without him.

A few pictures...






Until Next Time,
Jenn

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Such lovely pictures of your kids! And it's wonderful that you had such a great time together. That is a blessing, as you well know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, What an answer to prayer for your family! (((Hugs))) I am so happy for you all! All the kids are looking so grown up, it's hard to believe! Trevor and Grace are looking very dapper and lovely! That should be fun! I hope you are doing well with an empty house and having a nice visit with your Aunt! I'm sure your cat family are still keeping you company - Pip, Pip hooray! I'm glad he adopted you too!! Have a great week and glad you are healing, but coffee, parish the thought! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has it really been a year with PIP.. he is so part of the family its just strange thinking he hasnt been with you guys longer.. I agree with Annie Kate.. Beautiful pictures of your family.. and what a great time to enjoy the visiting of extended love ones..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures of your fam. Love to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Missing you online. I hope all is well with you and your family!

    ReplyDelete