Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Take a Big Girl Pill

This week I'm back in the master with Flylady.  So far I've managed to clean the blinds, declutter the bookcase, restack the junk in the extra closet, dust, vacuum, and clean the bathroom area connected to the space that only the cat and I use.  I also used wood soap on my grandmother's chair that recently came to live here.  Oh, I also culled my closet giving up a much loved tattered sweater set that is also too big.  That's two sweaters gone this month.   We were gifted a small TV,so the old bulky one went to Goodwill.  The new one can be hung on the wall, but that's a project for another time.  I tossesd trash and got rid of two "rat nests" of stuff that landed in our room for lack of another home. 

I've been contemplating our use of this space lately.  The room has corner windows on the only wall that the bed can fit.  My side of the bed is below the window.  This means I can't sit up in bed to read.  I like to read before I go to sleep.  If we move the bed, we have to take it off the bed risers first and move the stuff under the bed, too.  So, I want to be really certain I want to move it.Most likely, the bed won't get moved.
 
The small extra closet in our room is so under used.  It has no shelves, no rod.  Because we rent, we don't want to install them.  But, the space would be so better used with at least a bar to hang clothes or even a shelving unit.  It's really low on the priorty list, so there it sits. 

I really like having a focus for my cleaning each week.  I didn't think there was this much to do in our room.  And I'm proud of myself for "taking a big girl pill " and getting rid of more things.  I need to do this in all areas of my house!  I will. 

2 comments:

  1. I like to read befor I hunker down for the night too :) GOOD JOB on the PURGING.. Keep Going girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you did a good job. You can get a tension rod from WM or Target for less that $20 for the closet. Nothing permanent, cheap easy solution. :)

    ReplyDelete