Saturday, April 28, 2012

What's Next?

Last year
The next big project is to get our tiny little garden space in order.  Right now it is over run by dandelions.  If only we liked dandelion creations, we have plenty of them.  Perhaps we could learn to love them, but no time to mess with it right now, so we will go ahead with our raised beds.

These are no ordinary raised beds, by the way.  They're recycled kid's toys.  We have a recycled sandbox and recycled kiddie pool.  I also have two garden box type containers that I have had for the last 17 years!  All have had to have holes drilled into the bottoms, thanks to The Mr. for doing that job.

One we left behind.

Because we rent our home, we do not want to go to the expense of building nice raised beds.  We did that once and then we had to move.  Leaving them was painful.  These recycled ones do a great job and they are portable.  

Waiting for strawberries. 


I am going to put herbs into pots along the side of the garden space, too.  We love mint, catnip, basil, cilantro, and garlic.

In the big "pool", we want to grow green beans.  We will have tomatoes in the two white boxes.  The "sandbox" will house whatever it is that my daughter wants to grow this year.

A diamond in the rough?


We grow sunflowers along the side of the area, too.  I have high hopes, but must remain realistic. There is only so much I can do with the resources I have.  But, we will give it another try.  Maybe this will be the year that I get it together. 


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have some fun garden things planned. I hope they all work out for you. :)

    ReplyDelete