Friday, March 1, 2013

Finished for Now

Yes, I'd love to paint, get window treatments, have bedside tables, and an iron bed frame, but.... we are on a tight budget and this is real life.  (Van got new brakes.  Kitty goes to the vet.  I decide it's time to add a new kitty to the mix.  :-)  Kids need next year's pricey school books.)  So, I make the most of what I do have, a clean, spacious bedroom!  Thanks to my dear husband for hanging up the last picture.  It is a picture that he bought for me for a wedding present, so it is special and deserves a prominent spot in our room.



6 comments:

  1. That is the look I am going for too, SPACIOUSNESS, although this place has it, I am trying to be more purposeful in minding that just because one has doesnt mean they do... Thanks for sharing your bedroom, I do like the colours of your comforter very calming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there is nothing more lovely than clutter free! The bedspread was a hand-me-down from my mom that I've always loved. I would love to have lace curtain panels, but right now, it's fine.

      Delete
  2. So pretty. Glad you got it all done. I don't think you need any of those other things. It's looks so cozy like it is. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, JoAnn. You are so right, I don't need a thing more! (Just a kitty? ;))

      Delete
  3. It looks so cozy and spacious! I need to get space back into our bedroom, too. Hopefully after the used curriculum sale things will be good again.

    Beautiful picture from your husband!

    And, no, you don't need all the pretty time-and-money consuming extras. The quote by Elisabeth Elliot at the top of your blog says it all. Enjoy the simple life. That's one way you inspire me, with your contentment and peace with what God has given you.

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks lovely!!! What a thoughtful gift from your Jeff! You are rich in everything that is important Jenn. That's what counts! Money & material things never satisfy. (hugs)

    ReplyDelete