Friday, March 29, 2013

Grandpa's Bread, Again

Some here might remember that in January I started making my grandpa's sourdough bread.  I have made it a few times, but decided that I needed to perfect my technique.  Now as it happens, my father is a certified master baker.  I know, kind of handy!  So, this past Saturday, he showed me how to knead dough properly.  I love my stand mixer, but it isn't built to make bread, or at least when I try, it makes a burning smell and overheats!  I suppose you have to get a commercial one to really make good bread.  My next attempt at making this bread will be using whole wheat flour.  I want to see how it does.  Happy baking to you!






1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are really learning. I'm sure it tasted great. So glad you have a father that can help like that. :)

    ReplyDelete