Monday, September 29, 2014

Redundancy

Normally I shy away from redundant appliances.  However, I recently bought a second slow cooker at a thrift store. My big slow cooker is fabulous for big batches of food that can be properly stored afterwards,but when we go camping, we can't store a ton of leftovers. In addition,  the larger cooker gets really hot, even on low, and easily overcooks smaller quantities.  I'm thankful to have found this second cooker second hand,too. Tonight the big cooker has a whole chicken cooking, and the small one has potatoes baking. Hopefully breaking my redundancy rule won't stress my limited kitchen storage!

2 comments:

  1. A crock pot is the one thing I can see is a good thing to have 2 or even 3 of. I have a main one, and a mini one for dips. I need to get another one though. I use mine all the time and I lost the handle off the top. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had friends call the company and they've been given new handles. It must be a common problem. My dad even made a wooden one when his broke.

      Delete