Thursday, September 18, 2014

Well, There You Have It


Our dishwasher died.  I knew it was only a matter of time. It always seemed to be working hard and making odd sounds.  I am really surprised that it lasted almost a whole year, since we use the dishwasher every day, always more than one load a day, too. When we bought the house, we knew the old dishwasher was going to get a workout, and it might not be up to the challenge given that it was not a top of the line model.

So now begins our journey into hand washing dishes.  The kids have never had to do such a thing.  My husband never had a dishwasher growing up. I had 3 years without one as a young girl who was old enough to wash dishes, which made quite an impression, as in I did not enjoy the chore!

A working dishwasher is certainly a luxury, and eventually we will get it either fixed or replaced, but not for awhile.  We have other goals at the moment.  Until then, I will relive my girlhood, one dish at a time!  Perhaps I will daydream that I am washing up in my old farmhouse, as surely it will not have such a modern convenience.  And, my kids will get a chance to try a new chore while having a happy heart, like their mom.

UPDATE:  Jeff got it to work, but it is on light duty. Not sure it is 100%.

3 comments:

  1. We had a few dishwasherless days.
    Enjoy farmhouse dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, a dishwasher is so easily missed. Our kids grew up without one, so though they like it a lot, they have had many years of washing by hand. So have hubby and I. I hope you get things fixed soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had so many things go wrong this week...and somehow God showed us his love through all that. I'm glad you're able to deal with dishwasher-less days joyfully! And enjoy your beautiful, beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete